Monday, August 4, 2008

HOMESTEADING: SHARING THE LOVE


I find it very hard to believe, but this coming Thursday, August 7, 2008, Ron and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary! Ten years! Seems like only yesterday in some ways. But in other ways it seems as if we have always been together and a part of each other's life. Kismet.

We have a wonderful life together...even though Bingo, the wonder dog, does get into every picture.



Ron often mentions, sadly, that he wishes he had met me many years earlier. I remind him that I'm 10 years younger. Earlier probably wouldn't have worked. After all, he was already married with 4 sons before I graduated from high school!
So we are thankful for what we have and only pray that we live long enough to celebrate many more anniversaries.


We are going to Panama City Beach for our anniversary. He is taking me on a lovely sunset dinner cruise on the Lady Anderson. I like that.

Panama City Beach is our favorite beach area. L@@k at that green water!






Sand dunes are beautiful. They are protected by law!




The day after our dinner cruise, Ron will go with me so that I can do some fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. Ron doesn't fish much any more. It tires him too much and he just doesn't have the patience. He always said he thought he liked to fish until he met me. I could go fishing every day. The first year we lived in Florida, I actually did go fishing every day!


One of my favorite things to do in Panama City, FL, is to go watch the commercial fishing boats come in. You can sometimes buy great fish right off the boat. But it's just fun to watch.



L@@k at the commercial shrimp trawler coming in for the day. It had a crew of trainees that day. It was fun watching them dock. They got it docked after only 3 tries!








More later....